Attention Note Widget (Ad Supported) version 2.0
Do you put notes on your home screen to remind you of something? You may have noticed that after a while the note disappears from your awareness because your brain gets use to the how the note appears. You actually stop seeing the note causing the message you are trying to keep in mind to becomes lost in the background. This process is called Brain Adaptation.
The Attention Note Widget solves this problem by randomly and automatically changing the text and background colors of you home screen widget note. The changing colors of the note will grab your attention causing to take notice of it.
“I use Attention Grabber Note Widget because it actually helps me pay attention to the note and reminds me of its message.” – Jessica Cam Wong (makeuseof.com)
- New: Ability to have multiple notes in each widget. The notes randomly change with the color combinations
- New: Ability to remove ads with purchase of Plus Key App
- 192 different text and background color combinations
- 11 different widget sizes: 1×1, 2×1, 2×2, 3×1, 3×2, 3×3, 4×1, 4×2, 4×4, 5×5, 6×5, and Resizable
- 10 different time delays between changes: 30 minutes, 1, 2, 4, 6, 12, 24, 48 hours and randomly between 6 and 24 hours.
- Does not use any long running services. Uses the Android Alarm Manager. Thus, will not affect battery life.
- Changed the name of application to “Attention Screen Notes”
- Improved color choosing functionality
- Currently displayed color is highlighted and displayed on top in color choosing screen
- Added re-sizable widget size
- Increased note limit in Ad-supported version to four
- Text can be shared from other application
- Added more color combinations
- Made internal improvements
- Subtle cosmetic changes
- Re-designed icon
- Fixed crashes some users have been experiencing with Widget rotation
- Option added to change the behaviour when a note is pressed.
Edit Note: Short press edits the note. Long press displays the pop up menu. This is the default.
Show Menu: Short press displays the pop up menu.
Option toggled with Menu -> Edit Option
- The note currently displayed in the widget is now always positioned on the top of the list when editing the Widget.
- Corrected issue with garbage data being left on device when a widget is removed from the home screen.
- Fix for users upgrading from an older version (1.2x)
- Fixed crash on Honeycomb devices (Android 3.x)
- Fixed crash when editing widget
- Minor button text change
- Added ability to have multiple notes per widget that rotate automatically when the colors rotate
- Added new color combinations for greater visual variety
- Added two new widget sizes for tablets and large screen hand sets: 5×5 and 6×5
- Added ability to upgrade to an Ad Free Plus version with added functionality
- Redesigned widget update interface making it more intuitive to add existing notes
- Fixed crash when loading existing notes into widget
- Improved widget rotation performance
- New icon
Ideas for use:
- Priorities reminders
- To-do reminders
- Goals reminders
- Motivation quotes
- Encourage new habits by keeping them on the top of your mind
- Religious quotes
- Personal mission statement
- Personal mantra
- Gratitude list
- New Year’s resolutions
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed to create database backups
- android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed to restore database backups
- android.permission.INTERNET: Needed to server Google Admob banner ads and for a rudimentary one way communication for support messages
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Needed for same reasons as the INTERNET permission above
If you have any questions or suggestions about this application please use the Attention Note Widget forum here.
If you would like an older version of this application Click Here